- National Geographic Creative Works: The greening of the Arctic tundra
- WIRED: Why the Arctic Is Warming 4 Times as Fast as the Rest of Earth
- Radio Canada: Cinq faits à savoir sur le réchauffement du climat en Arctique, selon une écologue
- National Geographic: 26 changemakers fighting for the planet
- WIRED: The UN Climate Report: All Is Not Well—but All Is Not Lost
- WIRED: More Lightning in the Arctic Is Bad News for the Planet
- WIRED25: Meet This Year’s WIRED25, Climate Change and Saving Our Earth
- Coverage of Assmann et al. ERL 2020 in WIRED: Beautiful Yet Unnerving Photos of the Arctic Getting Greener, STV: https://news.stv.tv/video/edinburgh-scientists-use-drones-to-study-arctic-tundra
- Washington Post: Winter camping is not for the faint of heart. Here’s how to do it.
- Coverage of Cunliffe et al. ERL 2020: EOS Magazine of the American Geophysical Union: Drones Help Bridge the Gaps in Assessing Global Change
- WIRED: Why the Arctic Is Warming So Fast, and Why That’s So Alarming
- Coverage of Daskalova et al. NComms 2020: Common species mirror rare animals’ response to global change
- Coverage of Daskalova et al. Science 2020: Forest loss escalates biodiversity change, How forest loss has changed biodiversity across the globe over the last 150 years
- Arctic Canada – The Culture Cure Podcast: – podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/arctic-canada-the-culture-cure/id1446659881
- Coverage of Thomas et al. NComms 2020: Plant life on the edge
- Coverage of García Criado et al. GEB 2020: Climate shifts prompt shrubs and trees to take root in open areas: Daily Mail, The Herald, The Scotsman, etc.
- Outside/In Podcast: 10X10: Kettle Bog
- WIRED: The Arctic Is Getting Greener
- Coverage of Myers-Smith et al. NCC 2020: Global Science Team on Red Alert as Arctic Lands Grow Greener: WIRED, Daily Mail, etc.
- Coverage of Blowes et al. Science 2019: Washington Post
- CTV: Researchers find Canadian Arctic island coast collapsing up to a metre a day
- New Scientist: How teabags became a secret weapon in the fight against climate change
- Coverage of Cunliffe et al. The Cryosphere 2019: Gizmodo
- Coverage of Assmann et al. GCB 2019: Early melting of winter snowfall advances the Arctic springtime: BBC Radio Scotland (minute 16), physics.org, ScienceDaily
- Science News: Climate change made the Arctic greener. Now parts of it are turning brown.
- Coverage of Myers-Smith et al. Ecol. Mono. 2019: Eighteen years of ecological monitoring reveals multiple lines of evidence for tundra vegetation change
- Royal Geographical Society Walters Kundert Fellowship Press Release: Is the Arctic getting greener?
- Coverage of Bjorkman et al. Nature 2019: Taller plants moving into Arctic because of climate change: BBC, Science Daily, phys.org, Newsweek, etc.
- New Scientist Live!, Public talk at the New Scientist Science Festival – Watch the trailer for Isla’s talk below!
- Fieldwork in the Arctic is surprisingly costly, limiting the research done there, Science News
- Arctic Secrets, Documentary series featuring Team Shrub on Qikiqtaruk, White Pine Pictures
- The Great Global Species Shakeup, Torronto Star
- Capturing change in the Arctic, Vizzuality Blog
- Brewing Big Data: The Tea-Bag Index, BioScience
- Rapid rate of coastal erosion on Herschel Island, CBC News
- Interview clip on the daily morning programme “A New Day”, CBC Radio North
- Climate sensitivity of shrub growth across the tundra biome – Press Releases: Tundra study uncovers impact of climate warming in the Arctic, European Commission JRC, University of Alberta, Woods Hole Research Center, Université de Sherbrooke; English: BBC Science Hour, BBC Science in Action, CBC, Globe and Mail, Yahoo News, Physics Org, Reporting Climate Science, CTV News, Daily Mail; French: Science Presse, La Tribun; German: Die Welt, Stern, Der Standard, Science APA, Science Orf; Swedish: forskning.se
- Invasion of the Shrubs – Up Here Magazine
- Plants Duke It Out in a Warming Arctic – BioScience
- The Polar Sea – Episode 8 Melting Lands, Documentary series featuring Team Shrub on Qikiqtaruk
- Tundra in Turmoil and Repeat Photography Reveals a Changing Climate – Science
- Vegetation May Speed Warming of Arctic – Scientific American
- Telling changes on the tundra – University of Alberta News
- Edmonton biologist on international team monitoring disappearance of Arctic tundra in Canada’s Yukon – Edmonton Journal
- Shrub Hub assesses growth in tundra ecosystems – Environmental Research Web
- Team Shrub is featured in Air North’s inflight magazine article: Young Einsteins: How groundbreaking work at Kluane Lake Research Station is drawing in talented young minds from all over the world – North of Ordinary Magazine
- Interview clip on the daily morning programme “A New Day ” – CBC Radio North
- Myers-Smith IH. Sound Off Column “Global change crystal clear, if not glamorous” Vancouver Sun: Friday, December 31, 2004.